Human beings have a common misconception that “gymnasium” is the only mecca where they can achieve their fitness goal, which is a false belief. For a healthy body and mind, all you require is a lot of determination and hard work. In this piece of writing, we share 10 best body toning exercises which can be done anywhere and anytime without the need of any gym equipment.
Push-Up is one of the best body toning exercises, that is why has been included in this list. It is a good pick for fitness enthusiasts who want to develop their arms, chest, triceps, and shoulders.
How to do it?
1. Hold your body in a plank position with your arms straight and your shoulders wide apart.
2. Your elbow should be under the shoulder making an angle of 45 degrees with the torso.
3. Lower your body until your chest is above 1 or 2 inches from the floor.
4. Now, push your torso back and continue the process.
Another exercise in our store is Squats. This exercise aims to tone the lower body part with more focus on your hips, thighs, and lower bottom.
How to begin?
1. Keep your toes shoulder-width apart and straighten your back.
2. Try to put your complete body pressure on your feet and slowly lower your hips, as if you are sitting on a chair.
3. Lower the body until your thighs are parallel with the ground.
4. Slowly and steadily repeat the process.
8. Abs Exercise
Fitness freaks around the world spend plenty of money on their desire to become a proud owner of “six packs.” But here is the cheapest abs exercise that might save your pocket from trimming.
How to start?
1. Lie down on your back with your hands straight and bend your knees.
2. Now, slowly raise your body and touch your hands to the legs. Remember, the left arm will touch the right leg and the left leg will go with the right one.
3. Return back to the initial position and repeat the procedure.
7. Forearm Plank
It is a complete body exercise for developing the inner core of the body. The exercise is to be done for a certain period of time ranging from 2 minutes to 5 minutes.
How to do it?
1. Place your elbow on the ground below the shoulder.
2. Hold your body by putting the entire weight on the forearms and not on the hands.
3. Your feet should be in contact with the ground provided your body is parallel to the surface of the ground.
6. Superman Exercise
Are you the one who suffers from back pain frequently? If yes, then Superman exercise is your match made in heaven. The exercise aims to tone the lower body along with strengthening the glutes.
How to begin?
1. Lie on your stomach on the ground.
2. Straighten the legs with the arms outstretched in the forward direction (the palms should face one another).
3. Raise your arms and legs about 10 to 15 cm above the ground.
4. Bring them back to the initial position and repeat the steps.
A lunge is another good exercise for thighs, hips, glutes, and hamstring. It is a core muscle exercise that aims to tone legs.
Steps to Do Lunges:
1. Stand straight on the ground with feet hip-width apart.
2. Take a long step forward with one leg. Focus the entire weight of your body on the front foot and lower your hips.
3. Keep descending until the knee of your rear leg is few inches from the ground.
4. Raise your body, put your second leg forward and repeat the process alternatively.
4. Calf Lift
As the name suggests, the exercise is meant to develop the calf muscle. The calf muscle is one of the toughest body muscles to build, but there is an effective exercise to strengthen your calves.
How to do Calf Lift?
1. Stand straight with your toes close to one another.
2. Now, raise your heels putting all the body weight down.
3. Hold the position for some time.
4. Steadily bring the heels down and continue the steps.
3. Russian Twist
For the girls dying to have a size-zero waist, here is a Russian Twist exercise that can tone their waist. Moreover, this exercise builds up the abdominal body part and also decreases the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
Steps to Do Russian Twist:
1. Lie straight on the ground and bend your knees.
2. Now, raise your upper body part, so that it forms a 45-degree angle with the ground.
3. Close your hands and place them in front of the chest.
4. Now, start twisting your torso to the right and then to the left.
2. Triceps Dip
Triceps Dip is an important exercise that can add more mass to your triceps along with giving additional strength to your arms.
Here is how you can do the triceps dips anytime and anywhere:
1. Place your hands on a chair or bench. Make sure your hands are straight with your feet inclined forward.
2. Now, lower your hips to make your arms form a 90-degree angle.
3. Hold the position for few seconds and slowly raise your hips.
4. Repeat the steps.
Pull-up is one of the best body toning exercises for the upper part. The exercise shapes your shoulders, arms, and chest. For this exercise, all you need is a hanging bar.
How to do Pull-Ups:
1. Grab the hanging rod placing your hands shoulder-width apart.
2. Hang-in your complete body part.
3. Now, raise your body till your nose is in-line with the bar. Take a small pause.
4. Descend yourself slowly.
These were the best body exercises that can tone every inch of your body. Before you begin these exercises, here are some important points to remember:
- It’s 30% exercise and 70% diet that can help you in achieving your fitness goals. Therefore, eat healthy and nutritious food.
- Drink plenty of water while doing exercises, as it will keep your body hydrated and save you from the muscle fatigue.
- Take short intervals during each repetition of sets. This will rejuvenate you and channelize your energy.
- Do not forget to take a sound sleep.