JPG, PNG, and GIF formats are often used on websites and social media. They are created with raster graphics, such as images, screenshots, and animation files. Along with these formats, there are many more similar ones, one of which is SVG. For a nice example, visit the SvgOcean company and download fabulous SVG freebies.
It is easier to create a web page that is attractive and very effective with a thorough grasp of how it will load, be displayed in the browser, adapt for the viewport size, and alter when the content is changed. On this basis, we can conclude that a web designer is a technical speciality (maybe the title “web engineer” better captures the spirit of this profession) whose primary tasks entail applying knowledge and logic with just a minor amount of aesthetic invention.
SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) is a vector format for displaying two-dimensional vector and mixed vector-bitmap graphics in XML format. This is a text file, which is an open web standard for describing two-dimensional vector images without loss of quality when scaling. By using SVG images in your craft art projects, you can add high-quality graphics that are scalable and customizable to your work.
The World Wide Web Consortium, or W3C as it was more commonly known in 1999, provided the initial impetus for developing this markup language. W3C also gave the concept of SVG, language markup for creating two-dimensional graphical interfaces and images.
SVG is used on all modern sites – it can be social network icons and full-length illustrations. But most often, these are logos and various icons. Using SVG technology has various advantages that professionals may use, starting with SVG freebies. In other words, using it speeds up and improves the quality of work since the designer has to do less work, reducing the time spent at various stages of project development.
Advantages of SVG freebies
1. Images are scaled without loss of quality. SVG is easily modified (both in the graphics editor and on the page itself using CSS).
2. The elements’ color, shape, and position can be easily changed (the file is being edited). Changing the location, shape, size, proportions, color, and all other properties of the individual picture components is easier than raster graphics. When working with a raster, you must store the “source” in a format with layers, make all changes, and export it. With SVG, there is usually no need for a “source.”
3. As SVG can be opened in HTML and CSS, you may edit the object and its color through the code.
4. SVG files can be edited with common text editors. You can add several versions of an image to one SVG file and display them under certain conditions (reducing the number of requests to the server). In SVG, you can use “cloning” – once you register a shape (gradient, texture) and reuse it many times, referring to the original.
5. File weight will be smaller than any raster image with identical image characteristics, and it is easy to animate.
Where to use SVG freebies?
The small file size and scaling give a big plus in using SVG freebies:
– For the design of sites and blogs.
– For registration of text documents.
– For the design of presentation slides.
– To create digital graphics.
Vector simple flat graphics are now at the peak of popularity, so this format is used often. Stock resources distribute graphics, including SVG freebies.
Why do you need SVG files on a slide? So that your presentation can be easily scrolled and only takes up a little space on your computer or smartphone, as well as to apply trending pictures.
Basic SVG shapes: each SVG file can be composed of elements such as a simple line, a polyline, a rectangle, a circle, an ellipse, or a polygon. All these figures can be used individually and in combination, creating any full-length image: a person, a city, or a landscape.
How can SVG be used to your advantage and benefit? In the principles of direct marketing, it must be admitted that SVG has its drawbacks. As image detail increases, the file weight begins to increase very fast. So, unfortunately, SVG is completely unsuitable for realistic high-resolution photography and detailed maps of the area. The SVG freebies are optimal for small, but scalable and interactive images for your craft art projects.